The next PGCLMP meeting is October 16, 2021 at 2 PM on Zoom. Guests are welcome to join as we continue our truth telling work.
You are invited to participate in the important work in our county of naming truth and moving forward to memorialize victims of racial terror. Email email@example.com to receive the Zoom link for our meeting this Saturday, 2 – 4 PM.
Our next monthly meeting is Saturday at 2 PM EST on Zoom.
In honor of Juneteenth, the Prince George’s County Lynching Memorial Project will NOT be meeting this month. Look for our next meeting in July.
To encourage all to take advantage of Juneteenth events, please see the options below.
Juneteenth Public Events
In person: City of Greenbelt activities Friday night June 18th and Saturday 19th (see flyer), co-sponsored by Greenbelt Black History and Culture Committee (co-chaired by PGC LMP members Dr. Lois Rosado and Leeann Irwin).
On-Line: Afro-American Historical and Genealogical Society-Prince George’s County, Maryland Chapter (AAHGS-PGCM) Juneteenth | AAHGS | PG County
Parks and Planning may do a virtual Juneteenth event (Check site for details: http://www.pgparks.com/780/Juneteenth)
PG County Library offers several events this month (Check site for details: https://www.pgcmls.info/juneteenth )
The next meeting of the Prince George’s County Lynching Memorial Project is Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 2:00 p.m.
There will be a special presentation by Elinor Thompson on The Importance of Preserving Church and Cemetery Records for Historical Research.
The zoom link and agenda are below.
April minutes are attached for your information and review.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Topic: PGC LMP May 2021 General Meeting
Time: May 15, 2021 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 932 4677 7560
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,93246777560# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,93246777560# US (Chicago)
General Meeting Agenda
Saturday, May 15th, 2021
2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
1. Call to Order – Krystina Tucker, Co-Chair
2. Welcome and Review Meeting Process via Zoom Krystina
3. Calling of Names –
Thomas Juricks, 1869, Piscataway; John Henry Scott, 1875, Oxon Hill; Michael Green, 1878, Upper Marlboro; Stephen Williams, 1894, Upper Marlboro.
4. Review of Minutes – Crystal Carpenter, Co-Chair
5. Maryland Lynching Memorial Project Liaison Update – Lula Beatty (5 minutes)
6. State of Maryland Lynching Truth and Reconciliation Commission Liaison Update – Omar Eaton-Martinez
7. Introductions of any Newcomers and Guests
8. Special Presentation – “The Importance of Preserving Church and Cemetery Records for Historical Research” by Elinor Thompson – Maryland Commissioner on African American History and Culture (Anne Arundel County), Genealogist, Historian, Author, and Cemetery Preservationist
9. Committee Breakout Rooms (30 minutes)
10. Committee Reports Krystina (20 minutes)
a. Community Remembrance Projects (formerly Soil Collection) – Anita Brown, Jade Eaton
b. Education – Crystal Carpenter, Liz Muller
c. Outreach – Rev. Nathan HIll, Rev. Aaron Tinch
d. History/Genealogy – Krystina Tucker, Jody Wildy
11. Follow-up Discussion on Reports (as needed)
12. Announcements/Questions (5 minutes)
Next General Meeting: Saturday, June 19th, 2-4 pm